Audacia is a bespoke software development company based in Leeds and London. We design, build and test complex, integral software solutions for the likes of global mechanical seals manufacturer AESSEAL; leading telecommunications provider O2; and one of the world’s largest agriculture companies ADM.
We are looking for a Graduate Software Tester to join our growing team in Leeds City Centre, based in our waterfront office on The Calls.
We hire talented people based on their potential rather than their experience. We then equip you with the tools and training needed to up-skill and support you throughout your career with us.
Our graduate software testing roles aren’t based on fixed term programmes. You’re here for the long run, if you want to be. To make the most of your potential, you’ll have access to personal mentors who’ll support you, with quarterly progression reviews to ensure your career development. Aside from this, we’re a collaborative group who love to share knowledge, so there’s always somebody on hand to help or bounce around an idea, if you need it.
Working with industry leaders across various sectors, you'll execute testing across multiple projects, from agricultural commodities trading platforms, to systems that manage personnel across one of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world. This ensures that our software is of the highest quality for our clients.
Our work environment promotes collaboration, transparency and ownership, enabling people to reach their full potential and look forward to coming to work every day. After all, we really care about each other, our clients and our projects.
You’ll be part of a community here, with people who like to engage inside and outside of work. You'll normally find us in evenings at the pub, playing in a pool league, board games or D&D, at yoga sessions or the cinema, or simply building AR prototypes over some pizza and beer.
About the role:
As a Graduate Software Tester, you will work with clients and our software developers to ensure quality across both new and existing products.
Main duties & key responsibilities
- You will undertake software testing across many platforms and applications
- You will plan, write and execute functional and non-functional tests and evidence the outcomes in the form of software defect and test reports
- You will provide concise and effective feedback to the development teams
- You will manage testing across several projects concurrently
- You will write, update and coordinate regression tests across many platforms and applications
- You will ensure test phases are executed on time with the agreed level of coverage
- You will update management regularly on test progress
- You will own the quality of your assigned projects
- Gain a full working understanding of a broad range of bespoke software products which meet the challenging needs of our customers
- Work closely with customer representatives and the development team to define appropriate acceptance criteria for each feature
- Design and script an appropriate set of tests to exercise the features being developed such that successful tests indicate met acceptance criteria
- Design and script tests to test non-functional aspects of the development
- Plan, create and update automated test scripts
- Execute manual and automated tests
- Plan, monitor and report on test execution cycles
- Provide detailed defect reports to the development team
- Provide support for customers working through User Acceptance Testing
- Triage feedback from customers and report to the development team
- Provide end user support
- Update user manuals and training documentation
Key competencies & requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Excellent organisational skills, to include time management and planning
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight and to work as part of a team
- Willingness and ability to self-learn
- Self-motivated with a proactive mindset to finding solutions to problems
- Enthusiastic and committed to a career in testing