Audacia is a Leeds and London based software development company. We design, build and test complex, integral software solutions for industry leaders including global mechanical seals manufacturer AESSEAL; leading telecommunications provider O2; and award-winning offshore solutions provider Specialist Marine Consultants (SMC).
We’re looking for an Experienced Software Tester to join our growing team in Leeds City Centre, based in our waterfront office on The Calls.
As a senior software tester, you’ll be using the latest tools and technologies to execute testing across multiple interesting and challenging projects. From agricultural commodities platforms for one of the largest agricultural companies in the world, to systems to manage people across the biggest offshore wind farm in the world. Working to ensure that our software is delivered at the highest quality for our clients.
Our testing function isn’t siloed here, you’ll be working closely with developers and project managers, collaborating as one single team for an effective project delivery. Our teams are made up of engaging, smart and analytical thinkers who love to solve complex problems. Working in an open environment that promotes transparency and knowledge sharing.
You’ll be working across the full software development lifecycle in each project, responsible for testing applications from conception to go live. From meeting with clients to create robust acceptance criteria, to designing and executing regression tests to sign off the system.
We trust our teams. So you’ll be given ownership and autonomy throughout projects. You have the ability to shape progress here, with opportunities to pitch new ideas to improve existing ways of working and review and implement new tools into the testing process.
You’ll benefit from quarterly progression reviews to assess where you are in terms of your desired career path and personal development progress. Your career is yours to drive at Audacia, with opportunities to lead teams, move into management positions, or different roles.
You’ll be part of a community here, with people who like to engage inside and outside of work. You'll normally find us in evenings at the pub, playing in a pool league, board games or D&D, at yoga sessions or the cinema, or simply building AR prototypes over some pizza and beer.
About the role:
As an Experienced Software Tester, you will work with clients and our software developers to ensure quality across both new and existing products.
Main duties & key responsibilities
- You will be required to undertake software testing across many platforms and applications
- You will be required to plan, write and execute functional and non-functional tests and evidence the outcomes in the form of software defect and test reports
- You will be responsible for providing concise and effective feedback to the development teams
- You will be responsible for managing testing across several projects concurrently
- You will be responsible for writing, updating and coordinating regression tests across many platforms and applications
- You will be responsible for ensuring test phases are executed on time with the agreed level of coverage
- You will be responsible for updating management regularly on test progress
- Gain a full working understanding of a broad range of bespoke software products which meet the challenging needs of our customers
- Work closely with customer representatives and the development team to define appropriate acceptance criteria for each feature
- Design and script an appropriate set of tests to exercise the features being developed such that successful tests indicate met acceptance criteria
- Design and script tests to test non-functional aspects of the development
- Plan, create and update automated test scripts
- Execute manual and automated tests
- Plan, monitor and report on test execution cycles
- Provide detailed defect reports to the development team
- Provide support for customers working through User Acceptance Testing
- Triage feedback from customers and report to the development team
- Provide end user support
- Update user manuals and training documentation
Key competencies & requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Excellent organisational skills, to include time management and planning
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight and to work as part of a team
- Willingness, ability to self-learn and quickly adapt to new technologies, tools and working practises
- Self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic and committed to a career in testing
- Manual testing: 2 years
- Defect tracking software tools: 2 years
- Client facing experience
- Working in an Agile development environment
- Automated testing and tools
- Business Analysis and problem solving
Technologies & tools:
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation certification
- VSTS Test Manager
- Selenium Webdriver