Audacia is a Leeds and London based digital transformation & software development company. We specialise in defining digital strategies and building complex, integral software solutions for clients including global mechanical seals manufacturer AESSEAL plc; leading telecommunications provider O2; and award-winning offshore solutions provider Specialist Marine Consultants (SMC).
We’re looking for an Associate Front-End Developer to join our growing software development team in Leeds City Centre, based in our waterfront office on The Calls.
We focus on keeping our teams happy through providing interesting and challenging projects with ongoing opportunities to learn and develop. As an Associate Front-End Developer, you’ll be using the latest tools, technologies and platforms, such as Vue, React, Angular, Git, Figma and Adobe, to design and build intuitive and scalable solutions for a range of clients across multiple industries.
From front facing driver apps for one of the UK’s largest insurers, to tablet apps used across sites by one of the UK’s leading multi-utility providers and map based systems to manage people across one of the biggest offshore windfarms in the world.
You’ll be working with internal teams made up of developers, testers and project managers. People who are friendly and engaging analytical thinkers who have a passion for technology and love to solve complex problems. You’ll be working in a culture focused on collaboration, transparency and working as a single team, with each other and with clients.
We trust our teams, so you’ll be given autonomy and ownership within projects. You’ll be provided with the tools and services needed for you to work to your full potential, alongside the help and guidance you need when required.
You’ll benefit from quarterly progression reviews to assess where you are in terms of your desired career path and personal progress. Your career is yours to drive at Audacia, with opportunities to lead teams, specialise in specific areas or move into different roles and management positions.
You’ll be part of a community here, with people who like to socialise both inside and outside of work. You'll normally find us in evenings at the pub, playing in a pool league, board games or D&D, at yoga sessions or the cinema, on weekend dog walks, or simply building AR prototypes over some pizza and beer.
About the role
As an Associate Front-End Developer you will work with internal development teams to design and develop complex business critical software solutions for a broad range of clients across multiple sectors.
You will be:
- Using the latest front-end technologies such as Angular, React and Vue
- Doing Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Building for a range of supported devices (Mobile, Tablet, Desktop, Electron)
- Working to deadlines and providing progress updates throughout the development
- Working as part of a development team, liaising with Testers, Project Managers and other Developers to deliver the full solution
- Contributing to the estimation and definition of the work that is required
- Gaining a working understanding of the business processes of our clients
- Working closely with Audacia’s customers and development teams
Key competencies & requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills including time management
- Willingness, ability to self-learn and quickly adapt to new technologies, tools and working practises
- Minimum 2 years commercial development
- Understanding of user experience
- Working directly with clients
- Business analysis and problem solving skills
- Working in an Agile development environment
- Experience in Design
- Git Source Control
Technologies & Tools:
- An SPA framework - e.g. Angular, React or Vue
- A design tool - e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma or Affinity
- RESTful APIs
- Cloud Development (e.g. Azure)
This is a UK based role; candidates must have a legal right to work in the UK.
To apply, simply fill out the application form below and we'll get back to you ASAP 🚀