Audacia is a Leeds and London based software development company. We specialise in building complex, integral software solutions for clients including global mechanical seals manufacturer AESSEAL; leading telecommunications provider O2; and one of the biggest agricultural companies in the world ADM.
We’re looking for a permanent or part-time Accounts and Office Manager to join our growing team in Leeds City Centre, based in our waterfront office on The Calls.
As an Accounts and Office Manager, you’ll work closely with our senior management team, being responsible for managing day-to-day financial activities within the business, including processing supplier invoices and creating and issuing invoices for clients. You will also be responsible for general office management and the provision of other support to the wider team to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the business.
Although your role is administrative and finance orientated, there is scope to acquire knowledge in various other business areas such as project planning, project budgeting, HR and marketing.
You’ll be given autonomy and responsibility from the offset, enabling you to take ownership of tasks, provided with the tools you need to work to your full potential, with the help and guidance needed when required. You’ll be working as part of a wider team with a culture focused on collaboration and transparency.
You’ll benefit from quarterly progression reviews to assess where you are in terms of your desired career path and personal development progress. Your career is yours to drive at Audacia, with opportunities to lead teams, move into management positions, or different roles.
You'll be part of a community here, with people who like to engage inside and outside of work. You'll normally find us in evenings at the pub, playing in a pool league, hosting whisky nights, at yoga sessions or at the cinema.
About the role:
As an Accounts and Office manager, you will be responsible for the management of company invoices and contribute to the efficient functioning of the office through a range of administrative and managerial tasks.
Main duties and key responsibilities for Office Management
- To be able to manage online and paper filing systems.
- Maintain office conditions and be able to arrange for necessary repairs.
- Attend and take minutes for staff meetings.
- Answer incoming calls and customer enquiries.
- Contribute to writing and updating company working policies.
- Assisting in the induction of new employees.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory.
- Keeping employee records up to date.
- General upkeep of office layout and meeting rooms.
- Planning and organising company events.
- Adhere to and update health and safety policies.
- Update manuals and training documentation.
Main duties and key responsibilities for Accounts Management
- Assist senior management team in managing accounts and processing invoices.
- Create and send invoices to clients.
- Follow up on outstanding invoices and ensure payment is made.
- Ensure all data entries in the invoice management system are correct.
- Process employee expenses and prepare them for payment.
- Prepare finance reports for Senior management.
- Review remaining customer budget in relation to invoices sent.
- Adhere to company finance policies and procedures.
- Answer enquires with regards to invoices by customers and suppliers.
- Collect and input data for financial spreadsheets.
Key competencies & requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly in Excel and Word).
- Good interpersonal and management skills.
- Reliable and discrete towards confidential matters.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Willingness, ability to self-learn and adapt quickly to working processes.
- Proven experience of office management, administrative or assistant experience.
- Understanding of invoice management systems.